Chillwines strive to bring their clients a collection of unique premium South African wines direct to the United Kingdom through their website www.chillwines.co.uk. The wine estates they represent are carefully chosen to offer clients the very best value, quality and variety.
Chillwines commissioned 22 Digital in April 2018 to design and launch their online website. Our strategy was to focus the delivery of the project in three distinct project phases.
The first phase would encompass the website design, Shopify store setup and configuration, and the initial product integration into social media platforms.
The second phase, delivered in July 2019, focused on the Usability and User Experience (UX) as well as the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) of the website. In this phase we worked on improving the website content, layout of the website, and improve the purchase process to ensure maximum sales and conversions.
The third phase (which remains ongoing) was the launch of a fully-fledged digital marketing campaign set for launch in July 2020. The launch of this campaign was imperative to ensuring scale and growth for the Shopify store and drive Return on Investment (ROI) for Chillwines.
Phase One: Website Launch
A key objective for Chillwines was their need for a cost-effective, easy-to-use, ecommerce platform to enable them to sell their premium South African wines to customers in the United Kingdom. As a Shopify Partner it became clear to us at 22 Digital that a Shopify website would be the best solution.
This is a breakdown of the service offering during this first phase:
- Competitor and SWOT analysis.
- Digital strategy and conceptualisation.
- Design brief and technical specification documentation.
- Shopify website theme design.
- Shopify store setup and configuration.
- Custom Shopify code development for the tasting notes plugin on the site.
Phase Two: User Experience and SEO
Usability and User Experience (UX) Design
- Mobile analysis and recommendations.
- A/B landing page and design testing.
- Shopping cart funnel analysis and recommendations.
- User Interface (UI) design changes.
- Theme development for improvements to the Shopify store.
- Implement Facebook Messenger for support and to allow customers to buy directly from Messenger.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- SEO Audit to analyse current search engine rankings and key issues with current site.
- Content recommendations and content editing.
- Analysis and improved tagging of text, content, headings and tags on the website.
- Shopify Theme development and Shopify theme customisation for improved and optimised code for SEO.
Phase Three: Digital Marketing Campaign
This phase saw the launch of the digital marketing campaign for the Chillwines Shopify store. As part of the service offering we delivered the following core services.
- Google Ads campaign creation and setup on Google Search and Google Display Network.
- Google Ads keyword research.
- Google Ads ad design and copy writing.
- Google Merchant integration with Shopify product data feeds.
- Shopify Facebook setup with Facebook Ads.
- Shopify Instagram Shoppable posts configuration.
- Content generation for Organic Search (SEO) results.
Our relationship with Chillwines did not end after the three phases to their online store were delivered. We still provide the following services to Chillwines.
- Digital marketing strategy.
- Digital strategy consulting.
- Daily Google Ads campaign management.
- Daily Facebook and Instagram campaign management.
- Monthly Shopify development support for technical support and any code changes required.
- Monthly design services for improving on Usability, User Interface (UI), and User Experience (UX) design to the Shopify theme.
- Content curation and creation.